Our French Style Easel is inspired by Roger Jullian, a French P.O.W. In WWII who designed one of the most versatile easels ever created. It is ideal for use either indoors or outdoors. For outdoors as a field easel for the working artist, meant to be portable and for the creation of en Plein air work with adjustable telescoping legs based on the tripod design, a drawer in which to store art supplies conveniently, along with a handle and strap for easy transport. The legs fold down and it becomes a fine versatile tabletop easel as well.
Best Hardwood French Easel
This is a fully adjustable field, table, and studio easel with a storage unit all in one! Constructed of hand-sanded European beechwood and brass hardware.
French Easel Unique Features
Easel includes a sliding drawer with divided compartments, a removable wooden palette, an adjustable shoulder strap, and a durable leather handle. Our model is constructed using real dove-tail joints (the Mabef isn't).
Best Modern Design
Pull Out Drawer with latch, for storage of supplies, paints, and brushes. Adjustable telescoping legs, adjust to numerous configurations.
Handcrafted Hard Beech Wood
Easel is finely crafted using real 'Dove-Tail' joints, (not the box corners used by 90+% of ALL other French-style easels on the market today)
- Brand: French Easel
- Dimensions: 23.7 x 18.5 x 8.4 inches
- Weight: 12 lbs
- Extended Height: up to 71 inches
- Holds Canvases: from 5 inches up to 34 inches in height
- Minimum Standing: 24 x 51 x 44 inches
- Maximum Standing: 30 x 51 x 71 inches
- Adjustable Tilt Forward: to flat, horizontal
- Drawer: 1 1/2 x 12 x 19 inches
- Smallest Fold Down: 7 X 17 x23 inches
- Adjustable heavy canvas carrying strap
- Large 18x11 inches beech wood paint palette, (fits inside easel)
- Completely assembled with easy use instructions